With the CAS RemindMe App for your Sony SmartWatch 2 you will be always up to date and have your genesisWorld appointments directly at your wrist.
It helps you to manage your time more efficiently, not to forget appointments, you will always know how many minutes you have left until the beginning and you can get off at time. Vibration notifications before the appointment begins will always remind you…
CAS Calendar on your wrist
Sony SmartWatch 2 Official Site:
About the app
CAS RemindMe for Sony SmartWatch 2 is a reminder service that notifies you about upcoming appointments.
It connects to the genesisWorld server in order to receive your appointments.
The user is able to send an email if he is coming later or to delete the appointment.
With the CASmartwtach RemindMe App for your Sony SmartWatch 2 you will be always up to date and have your appointments from the genesisWorld Server directly at your wrist. It helps you to manage your time more efficiently, not to forget appointments, you will always know how many minutes you have left until beginning and you can get off at time. Vibration notifications before the appointment beginning will always remind you.
Moreover you can take a look at the appointments details like location, time, participants or notes. You are able to let the appointments participants to know if you are running late – it only takes you 3 touches to the watch. The email is then sent in background by your phone from your CAS mail acoount to every participant. If you decide to not to go to an appointment you can delete it from your calendar. Also it is possible that you delete yourself as a participant from an appointment.
The app syncs periodically with the genesis World server and gets all your appointments of the next 24 hours. The advantage is that you can see already in the evening what is awaiting you the next day.
With the watchface functionality also you can protect your appointment data from being seen by others as it only shows a clock and a progress bar. Simply tap the screen and you will get more information. If you want to turn of the watchface functionality disable the PowerSave switch in the lockscreen / settings view.
In order the app to work correctly it is necessary to have a constant bluetooth connection between your phone and the SmartWatch 2.
The app doesn’t store any user data permanently. If you kill the app on the phone or restart your phone, you’ll have to login again. Keep in mind that the Sony SmartWatch 2 is constantly communicating with your phone in order to update the clock, appointments etc. The logic is implemented in a host application on the phone and is calculated there. Then the data is sent for representation to the smartwatch. As it has no adressable memory this has to be done for every display update.
It is recommended to keep the synchronisation interval low, not to restart the app too often in order to last the smartwatch battery a whole day.
How to use CASmartwatch RemindMe
- Pair your Sony SmartWatch 2 with your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Install the apps ‘Smart Connect’ and ‘SmartWatch 2’ from Google Play Store.
- Download and install the CASmartwatch RemindMe App from here.
- Open the settings of the App and log in with your CAS account.
- Adjust the settings here to your needs and start the app on the Sony SmartWatch 2 by clicking the app icon.
- Now you can navigate in the gallery view through your appointments ofthe next 24 hours.
- Swipe left to see your upcoming events. Swipe right to see the currently running appointment.
- Swipe from top to bottom to show the Lockscreen where you can disable autostart or powersave function if you want to.
- After several seconds of inactivity the display changes to the app’s watchface where you can only see the clock and a graphical progress bar.
- The progress bar represents 1 hours and is divided into six segments each representing 10 minutes.
- If you are late you can inform the participants of an appointment via email. To do so select the appointment, tap the option soft key, select the mail icon and choose how many minutes you’ll be late. That’s it. The mail is sent in the background by your phone.
- If you are too late or won’t participate in the appointment you can delete it from your calendar or alternatively delete yourself as a participant from the appointment. To do so tap the options soft key and select the red cross icon.
- In order to open the genesisWorld mobile app on your phone, tap the middle genesisWorld icon.
- You can also take a look at the appointments details via longpress on the appointments name.